Have you ever experienced people complaining about your ferret smell And you want to get rid of ferret smell or Want to know how to reduce ferret smell?
Here the Solution: With these few ways, you can learn how to reduce ferret smell, So ferret and your house can smell a bit more fresh.
1.Clean the Ferret Cage
- You have to clean the ferret cage every day.
- Clean all the poo and pee from the cage.
- Give a deep cleaning to the cage once or twice a month.
- Use ferrets safe deodorizing to clean ferret cage. We recommend using Ferret Bi-Odor and Kaytee Clean Cage Safe Deodorizer.
2. Clean the Litter Box
- Clean the litter box Daily.
- Leave small amount soiled litter in the box so he knows where to go.
- Use litter box that is ergonomically designed for ferrets. We recommend using Marshall Ferret Litter Pan
3. Clean the Bedding
- Wash all the clothes like the hammock or sleep sack etc… on Weekly Basis.
- Only use hot water for washing the clothes.
- Don’t use detergents because the smell of the detergent may irritate ferret.
4. Don’t Bath Often
- Only give a bath once or twice in a year. Because ferret skin releases more oil after bath.
- You should not use too cool water.
- You should use a good ferret shampoo and ferret conditioner. We recommend using Ferretsheen 2-in-1 Deodorizing Shampoo
5. Feeding High-Quality Food
- Ferret diets should contain over 30% crude protein of high digestibility.
- Complete ferret diets should contain 15-20% fat, the most concentrated form of energy for your pet.
- There should be little fiber in your ferret’s diet, less than 4%
- A good diet will give your ferret well-formed droppings that won’t smell too bad as well as soft shiny fur, bright eyes, high energy, and overall happiness.
- Read: Best Ferret Food that Enhances Your Ferret’s Life
6. Use Air Purifier
- Air purifier is awesome and one of the best way to get rid of ferret smell.
- If ferrets smell really bothers you and don’t have time to do all above tips then you should buy an air purifier.
- Air purifiers are very helpful for a healthy life for human as well as animals.
- Believe it or not, there are air purifiers made especially for pet owners.
This one is our favorite GermGuardian AC4825 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System.
Must Read: Best Ferret Food to Buy for Ferrets in 2019
If anyone has any other tip to add on in how to reduce ferret smell then please submit your comment below and if you like this post then please share this post.