Best Guinea Pig Food- What They Actually Like
Guinea Pig is the cutest pet one could have in their home. If you also own a guinea pig, being a responsible parent It is your duty to choose the right food for your guinea pig. We understand there are so many guinea pigs food products in the market and people just buy whatever they see first without any research and go for the cheapest food.
But this thing is totally wrong you should completely know what food you are going to give to your guinea pig. Because its only food which helps them to grow happily, give a healthy lifestyle and long life. That is to say ” It will be always very less the more we can do for our pets “.
It is difficult to find the right product for your piggies as all the product looks similar to each other. But you should think about the quality over price. Because health and love is the best gift we all can give to these cute pets. Health comes with proper nutritional value food and love comes with the care towards them.
What Does Guinea Pig Eat? – Best Food For Guinea Pig
We have reviewed so many guinea pig food products along with the customer’s review and we bring the top 5 best for your guinea pig. We ensure you by the end of the article you will get your right product that has the highest quality and most nutritious food value at the lowest price.
1. Oxbow Essentials Adult Guinea Pig Food
Our No.1 best guinea pig food is Oxbow Essential guinea pig food Because this contains high fiber and vitamin C which are very important for the guinea pigs. Oxbow essential is made up of timothy hay with no chemical preservatives, no artificial coloring, no corn, and no animal fats. The taste is really good and your guinea pig will love it no doubt. People who looking for the best food for their guinea pig then I will suggest they try this oxbow essential its a great choice and got positive reviews from so many customers. Your pet will get more than 14% of protein, 25% fiber, 2% of fat and 10% of water.
The best thing is it has very less fat % as compared to other food brands. Low-fat % make the piggies happier and healthy. Reviewers say Oxbow keeps their guinea pigs happy and healthy. This is an affordable deal that comes in a large 10-pound bag. So you won’t have to order more food very often.
Oxbow Essentials Key Features:
- High Fiber and Vitamin C.
- Less Fat, Protein, and calories.
- A large 10-pound bag goes a long way.
- Oxbow is Made from Timothy Grass meal.
In conclusion, Oxbow Essentials is an optimum food for your little friend, Because it is formulated as to provide all the nutrition value to your furry friend. You can buy this product your pet will start getting more energetic and happier within 1-2 weeks.
- Oxbow food has the proper contribution of all the protein, calcium and other vitamins.
- The oxbow recipe’s taste is so good and pet loves it.
- It contains Vitamin C and have other necessary minerals too.
- Oxbow made in the USA.
- Some Guinea pig doesn’t like this brand.
- Make sure your product comes fresh and well packed from amazon.
2. Supreme Selective Fortified Diet for Guinea Pigs
Our 2nd best food for a guinea pig is Supreme Selective Fortified Diet. Most customers like this product, because it has zero added sugar, which prevents their piggies from obesity and overeating. Moreover, This food also improves their dental health.
There were so many positive customer reviews about this product and they say it is one of the best and most nutritious guinea pig food available in the market. This small pet deserves serious care. So this food only contains grains that are necessary for them to stay healthy and live a long life. This guinea pig food doesn’t contain timothy but still, This product is a high-quality product. It has alfalfa but you should check if your guinea pig gets overweight from alfalfa.
Moreover, It doesn’t contain added sugar and fat instead it has omega 3 fatty acids that are beneficial for pet shining coat and skin. And along with it has special ingredients such as dandelion and fennel, to ensure the good taste and your pet will love it. In short, this product will not disappoint you and your pig will get all the nutrition from this.
- Selection guinea pig contains high fiber content.
- It also contains vitamins A, C, and D.
- This product has no artificial colors and any added sugar.
- Customers wrote they prefer timothy based food. But this is made from alfalfa, that contains so much protein,
- Some customers wrote their pig doesn’t like its taste.
3. Kaytee Timothy Complete Guinea Pig Food
Our 3rd best food for a guinea pig is Kaytee Timothy complete. It is a healthy treat for the guinea pig. The best thing is easily digestible and made from premium quality pellets with bacteria which are beneficial indigestion. i.e pre and probiotics. It is formulated as to promote smooth digestive function and it serves the combination of vitamin and minerals which your pet need for better life and health. Because Kaytee is a very old food brand and people trust it as the recipe is designed by the animal nutritionist which are experts in their work. They guarantee this product as the most nutritionist and best food for the guinea pigs.
Kaytee Timothy Complete Guinea Pig Food Key Features:
- Completely made up of timothy hay.
- This product has high fiber and vitamin C value.
- It doesn’t contain any sugary fruit and loose seeds.
- Kaytee timothy has pre and probiotics that help in digestive function.
- Kaytee timothy is always best having high fiber content.
- Contains vitamin c, fiber, and omega 3 fatty acid.
- Kaytee timothy food recipe is prepared by the best animal nutritionist.
- This price is very affordable and reasonable.
- Some complaints on poor packaging.
- Few people claim products have extra added sugar and flavors.
- Some guinea pigs just not like this food.
4. Kaytee Timothy Biscuits Baked Apple Treat
Our 4th best guinea pig food is Kaytee timothy biscuits baked with apple. As we all know how important it is to give your pet healthy food. So thanks to Kaytee timothy biscuit which satisfy all the need of our pet. Because Guinea pig loves the treat and its taste. It has a high fiber hay biscuit that helps in digestion or better chewing. It is made up of baked apple, flax seeds, alfalfa, and dried cane molasses. Kaytee food gives the little friend a new chewing challenge and improves dental health too.
Most reviewers give Kaytee baked apple treat as 5 stars and positive feedback. Because their pets are so obsessed with the taste of these apple biscuits. This food is really good for the guinea pig as it is made with fresh timothy hay and real apples. But the best thing about this product is all-natural and hand-selected ingredients. Which makes you confident that your pet is the right food which is tasty as well as nutritious. It enhances their chewing activity and this food can be fed to other small animals like hamsters and rabbits.
Kaytee Timothy Biscuits Baked Apple Treat Key Features:
- Biscuits are made up of delicious baked apple.
- It contains hand-selected ingredients.
- Help in the chewing activity that enhances dental health.
- Pet gets so obsessed with the taste of Kaytee baked apples.
5. F.M. Brown’s Tropical Carnival Gourmet Guinea Pig Food
Our 5th best food for guinea pigs is F.M brown’s Tropical Carnival. It is a healthy diet food for guinea pigs. F.M Brown is rich in vitamins and nutrients which are important for the guinea pig for better health. Moreover, This food takes care of their teeth activity too, As they include zoo-vital biscuits. Tropical carnival comes in 5 or 10-pound packing.
Key Features of F.M Brown’s tropical carnival:
- It comes with 5 or 10 Ibs packaging that means it goes a long way.
- Completely based on timothy pellets hay.
- It contains all the needed vitamins, minerals, fiber, and biotics.
- Includes Zoo-Vital biscuits which improve their dental health.
- It Contains a single probiotic strain so it is helpful in digestive function.
- Fortified with inflammation-fighting omega-3 fatty acids.
- Contains special ingredient and guinea pig loves that.
- Company-owned by six successive family generations so a trust factor added.
- Made in the USA.
- Some of the ingredients are “globally sourced”
- It contains added sugar and artificial flavors.
- Some parents complaint it contains seeds that even in shell.
People also read this:-
- Turtle Food- Top 5 Best Turtle Food To Buy (Reviews) In 2020
- Chinchilla Food- Top 5 Best Chinchilla Food (Reviews) in 2020
- Goldfish Food- Top 5 Best Goldfish Food (Reviews) in 2020
- Rabbit Food- Top 3 Best Rabbit Food (Review) in 2020
- Hamster Food- Top 5 Best Hamster Foods (Reviews) in 2020