Best Ferret Food that Enhances Your Ferret’s Life
Many people choose ferrets because they are cute but they don’t focus on what they actually need. They actually need a high-quality diet. As you know ferrets are the carnivores. This means they get all the necessary nutritious from the meat. So the best ferret food would benefit them to live a long and healthy life.
One main question that everyone asks, What is the best ferret food? Some people who don’t know more about the ferret food diet buy cat food without any research.
However, ferrets need some special nutrients. Few Cat food is also available in the market that is good for the ferrets, But you have to know more about what types of food are considered as best for the ferret.
Basic Requirements for a Best Ferret Food
- It should contain High Protein 30% to 40% on the nutrient analysis
- Protein must be animal-based, high in quality and highly digestible
- A good ferret diet should contain at least 20% of Fat
- It should low in carbohydrates and fiber (less than 3% fiber)
There are 2 options are available for feeding your ferret
- Raw Diet: Raw diet is the best ferret food. But it is hard to balance correctly for some people. Hence an unbalanced diet is harmful as bad kibble. We do support Raw Diet because raw is one of the best ferret food in the world and one of the healthiest ferret food.
- Raw Chicken (fresh)
- Raw Turkey (fresh)
- Cooked Eggs
- Raw Lamb (fresh)
2. Good Quality Kibble: Kibble is a good option if you select the best ferret kibble. We prepare the list of 3 Best ferret food available in the market.
So when you buy the ferret kibble then keep in mind that ferret needs meat. So take that kibble only that has the first 5 ingredients are meat. Avoid those products that have corn, wheat, and grain because ferrets can’t digest this.
Best Ferret Food – Good Quality Kibble
1. Wysong Epigen 90 Digestive Support Dry Ferret Food
It is the most favorite ferret food and one of the best ferret food in the market. It helps to get soft and thicker hair and also helps to reduce the ferret smell. This product saves your ferret from dangerous problems like bladder stones. First, few ingredients are Chicken Meal, Organic Chicken, Meat Protein Isolate, Chicken Fat. Ferrets love this food, so treat your ferret with this “best ferret food” today.
- A biologically appropriate diet with no starch
- Supports digestive health and desirable stool consistency
- Consists of 60% protein and 16% fat, plus other important nutrients
- Includes high-quality antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals
- Rich in omega-3 and other essential fatty acids
“If you want to buy best ferret food i.e. Wysong Epigen 90 Digestive Support Dry Ferret Food, I highly recommend you purchase online through Amazon at this link- http://amzn.to/2sUUClf. It’s currently on sale here only through Amazon”.
2. Wysong Ferret Archetype – Raw Ferret Food
Ferret Archetype is the original raw ferret diet from Wysong. It is reflective of the natural carnivorous, raw diet of the ferret – the diet they are genetically programmed for. Don’t worried about the size. You really need a tiny bit to satisfy your ferret’s diet. Try this product it is really amazing and one of the best ferret food in the market.
- A biologically appropriate diet with no starch
- Product Is Not Heated Above 118º Fahrenheit A True Non-Thermal Freeze-Dried Raw Product!
- Contains meats, nutraceuticals, prebiotics, probiotics, vitamins, minerals and an array of micronutrients
- High In Natural Protein And Fat Content
- Free Of Non-Nutritional Additives Used By Manufacturers To Create Color, Texture, Stool Consistency, Or Shelf-Life
“If you want to buy best ferret food i.e. Wysong Ferret Archetype”, Click on this link- http://amzn.to/2t7Uzqg
3. Orijen Dry Kitten Food
This one is also the best food to feed your ferret. This product also satisfies the ferret nutritious needs i.e. Rich in protein, low in carbohydrates and it comes with 90% of meat. Orijen is a portion of great food! Super high on the food ranking. So this product is also in our list of best ferret food.
- With 40% richly nourishing protein and limited to 19% low-glycemic carbohydrates
- 2/3 of the meats are FRESH or RAW, including the top 10 meat ingredients.
- 90% of meat inclusions with 6 different animal meat
- A biologically appropriate diet with no grain
“If you want to buy best ferret food i.e. Orijen Dry Kitten Food”, Click on this link- http://amzn.to/2uWN4zI
Q. How to switch to a new food?
Ans. You have to switch slowly by mixing with old food so the smell of food will not change. We usually recommend mix 10% of the new food day by day, within 10-20 days you can easily switch their food and your ferret will enjoy the best ferret food.
9 Food that you should never feed your ferret to save them from serious diseases.
- Dairy items
- Cooked Bones
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Dog food
- Chocolate or Candy
To know more about
Bad food for ferret Read: 9 Toxic and Dangerous Foods Not to Feed Ferrets